LENS Low Energy Neurofeedback System
LENS Neurofeedback is a micro electromagnetic field that shows the brain how to reset itself for optimal performance. Clients typically report feeling relaxed and calm with heightened mental clarity and steady emotional resilience. LENS Neurofeedback is not a specific treatment for any one condition, but a general regulation of the central nervous system. New balance in the brain often results in better sleep, focus and moods that together reduces or eliminates most disorders and symptoms.
LENS is very safe and medication-free. During the session a therapist attaches sensors to the client’s head in order to record their brainwaves (EEG waves). For only a few seconds, LENS mirrors back the brain’s faint electromagnetic impulses. This brain-mirroring allows dysfunctional patterns in the brain to reorganize and optimize functions. The information signal is far weaker than the electromagnetic field around a wrist watch, yet it typically triggers the brain to make profound, lasting changes.
While other Neurofeedback devices aim to entrain the brain into new habits of brain wave activity, the LENS system works on disrupting those brain wave frequencies or clusters of frequencies that have been locked together into rigid patterns, and assist in developing more flexibility to pursue the tasks at hand.
What conditions does the LENS help with?
- Cognition – Problems sequencing, memory, providing and maintaining attention, concentration, clarity and organization.
- Mood – Anger, sadness, explosiveness.
- Motor – Lack of grace, problems of eye-hand coordination, balance, increased muscle tone (from spasticity) and tremor.
- Motivation – Problems initiating tasks, shifting from one activity to another, and/or completing tasks.
- Anxiety – Problems of anxiety, restlessness, rumination, agitation, distractibility, difficulty breathing, palpitations, tremor exacerbation, and sleep interruption.
- Reactivity – Hyper-reactivity, hypersensitivity, multiple chemical sensitivities.
- Pain – Brain-generated pain (mismapping the origins and qualities of signals), and vascular pain.
- Addictions/Dependencies – Lack of clarity about emotions and self-comforting, defensiveness, argumentativeness and cynicism.
- Fatigue – Fatigue; or fatigue as a phenomenon secondary to the effort of trying to overcome the pain and/or the above impediment to functioning more easily.
- Performance Optimization – Increases in functioning in the above areas in absence of any diagnosis.
The LENS works well with symptoms of Central Nervous Symptom dysfunction. These include symptoms of ADD, ADHD, Seizures and sub-clinical seizure activity, severely disruptive behavior disorders such as Conduct Disorder, Reactive Attachment and Bipolar Disorder, Autistic spectrum and pervasive developmental delay, Cerebral palsy, concussive injuries, PTSD, Acquired Brain Injury, and Birth Trauma.
The LENS works extremely well with the symptoms of Traumatic Brain Injury, no matter how long ago the incident occurred. The trauma can be from a physical blow, a concussive injury, a psychological incident (PTSD), or any other incident(s) which results in a decrease in cognitive ability.
Many children have sleep problems that can be helped such as bed wetting, sleep walking, sleep talking, teeth grinding, nightmares, and night terrors.
The LENS can also be helpful with many of the symptoms of adolescence including drug abuse, suicidal behavior, anxiety and depression.
The LENS can also help in maintaining good brain function as people age.